Skip to content
NEW DOUBLE TREATIES FOR CYPRUS AS FROM 1 JANUARY 2015 (1)
- Cyprus Double Tax Treaty network has been extended with five treaties becoming effective as of 1 January 2015. These are treaties with Iceland, Lithuania, Norway, Spain and UAE.
- Treaties which been signed and have been ratified/in the process of ratification and expected to come into effect on 1 January 2016 are with Bahrain, Georgia, Guernsey, Iran and Switzerland.
- The treaties with Barbados and Saudi Arabia have been concluded and are waiting signature and ratification.
- Treaties with the following countries are at various stages of negotiation Croatia, Hong Kong, Israel, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Pakistan, Sri Lanka plus agreements with about 15 African countries.
- The renegotiation of the treaty with Ukraine is finalized whereas the renegotiation of the treaty with India is at a stalemate.